Raspberry Pi based RFID music robot
Some time ago, I saw this really cool Raspberry Pi based RFID-enabled cassette player. It ran PiMusicbox and the maker created a module to control PiMusicbox via RFID. This would be perfect for my three year old daughter. Ok, as she's clearly not familiar with cassette players, I needed something simpler. She already had a KNG Andrew MP3-player, that plays MP3's from an SD-card and is controlled via touch buttons. For those who are not familiar with this player, it's simply an SD-card based MP3-player with built-in speakers that looks like a robot.
So, the idea was born, an RFID controlled Raspberry Pi based music robot, or short RFID Music Robot (that's how we refer to it at home). My daughter really loves her music robot, when she wants music, she chooses the tag she wants, holds it near the robot and it will play her favourite music!
Although PiMusicBox is a very easy to install music player for the RaspberryPi with many installation guides, I could not find a guide how to make PiMusicBox respond to RFID's. Therefore, I decided to create something similar to the RFID cassette player. As my Python programming skills were around beginner's level area, building a PiMusicbox module was clearly a bridge too far for me.
A short demo:
The complete instructable can be found here:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-based-RFID-Music-Robot/
So, the idea was born, an RFID controlled Raspberry Pi based music robot, or short RFID Music Robot (that's how we refer to it at home). My daughter really loves her music robot, when she wants music, she chooses the tag she wants, holds it near the robot and it will play her favourite music!
Although PiMusicBox is a very easy to install music player for the RaspberryPi with many installation guides, I could not find a guide how to make PiMusicBox respond to RFID's. Therefore, I decided to create something similar to the RFID cassette player. As my Python programming skills were around beginner's level area, building a PiMusicbox module was clearly a bridge too far for me.
A short demo:
The complete instructable can be found here:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Raspberry-Pi-based-RFID-Music-Robot/
On Tweakers.net: https://tweakers.net/geek/105410/nederlander-maakt-rfid-music-robot-voor-dochter.html
Comments
Post a Comment